Support Engineer (Voice Operations)
- BS/MS degree in Telecommunication, Electronics, or related field
- At least 5 years of experience customer in the Telecommunications industry
- Good knowledge of network elements such as Soft Switches, Media Gateways, Session Border Controllers, Application and Media Servers, Gatekeepers, Proxy Servers, OSS, and BSS
- Good knowledge of IP networks, Unix, security topics, routing, tunneling, and media protocol (RTP/RTCP)
- Good knowledge of TDM and VoIP protocols and related technologies such as SIP, H.323, ISDN, RTP/RTCP, H.248/MEGACO, MGCP, and SS7 (C7)
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with administrating Linux/Unix/Windows-based systems (Hands-on experience to install, configure and operate Linux and/or Windows servers)
- Significant experience with UNIX/Linux Shell Scripting, Oracle PL/SQL, and MSSQL systems
- Experience in Stored Procedure writing and enhanced SQL queries is a plus
- Highly motivated to learn new technologies and acquire new skills
- Excellent command of verbal and written English
- Strong analytical and judgment skills including the critical problem-solving ability
- Detail-oriented, advanced planning, and organizational skills
- Strong communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams and must be flexible enough to deal with different technical skill levels and skill sets
- Troubleshooting and resolving system, network, and infrastructure problems quickly
- Correctly understand the fault, configuration, and performance issues for multiple vendors’ solutions and to solve/escalate to vendor engineering. Ensure technical assistance is carried out in accordance with the Customer SLA.
- Provide implementation and maintenance support for telecommunications customers throughout the region as necessary, including travel to those locations to conduct installations and address post-installation issues.
- Provide detailed technical customer documentation and other deliverables.
- Monitor and analyze real-time, in-depth, network performance statistics for all network elements.
- Operation of company private cloud infrastructure.